- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/8 cup orange juice
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 cup raisins
- 4 cups carrots, finely grated
- 1 cup cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2/3 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- Pre heat the oven to 350F, grease x 2 cake tins.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Set this aside and in another bowl cream together the butter and sugars, once this is done stir in the egg and orange juice.
- Add the mixed ingredients you set aside and mix them well then fold in the carrots, raisins, and walnuts, Pour the batter into the pan and bake in the oven for around an hour.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes then place on a wire rack inverted.
- For the frosting beat into a bowl, the cream cheese, vanilla, butter and confectioners’ sugar until smooth.
- Save enough icing to make carrots and add green and orange food coloring, Over the cooled cake spread the frosting, press some walnuts into the side and finally pipe the colored frosting to make the carrots.